Monday, January 2, 2012

Chapter 1:Recognizing and Understanding the Challenge

After reading this chapter, I realized I learned a large amount of information. One of the things that stood out the most to me when I was reading the text was part about teaching in a school that uses year-round education. It was interesting that they only add a a couple of weeks to the beginning of the year and couple to the end of the year. When I first heard of this and did not know what it was, I thought it was literally a school that is in session all year long. Another thing that I thought was interesting was the part about collaborative teaching. I think this could benefit teachers greatly because we would be able to hear other people's ideas and views on how we should approach certain curriculum. Looping was another thing that I had not heard of. I think the idea of one teacher for a group of students for a certain number of years is probably a good idea because of the amount of respect and comfort that would go along with it.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy: I am glad that you mentioned looping. My own children were in an elementary school that engaged in looping and my youngest is involved in a looping junior high school. With many changes happening to most adolescents, having a constant, such as knowing your teachers for more than one year can be comforting. The down side is that if the teacher is not effective, or if there is a personality conflict, the effects last twice as long.

    ReplyDelete